As you can see the VFR800 gremlin is still there… 🙁
Well there’s your problem… To much resistance in the fuse holders causing them to melt.
To sum it up:
- Removed all stator/regulator connectors and soldered the wires together
- Regulator straight to the battery instead of going to the harness
- Added a fuse holder between regulator and battery
- Replaced the wire from battery to the main fuse
- Replaced the main fuse holder
- Re-checked the ground connector
- Added an extra ground wire from battery to the frame.
- Cleaned all ground points
- Replaced all fuses
- Sprayed every contact and fuse with petroleum jelly
- Moved my voltage meter in sight.
Custom Voltage meterAfter doing all that I noticed someone actually makes a replacement harness to fix the factory flaws that are causing all these problems.